Skip to main content
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Archived
Creator
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 21, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 8

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 21, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 3

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 21, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 20, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 2

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 20, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 19, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 19, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 19, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 19, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
United States Naval Observatory Library & Archives
Sep 19, 2022 United States Naval Observatory
data

eye 1

favorite 0

comment 0

The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments
The 40-inch telescope, completed in 1934, is the largest and last Ritchey-Chretien telescope designed and built by George W. Ritchey. Originally located at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., increasingly bright urban skies led to its relocation to Flagstaff and the establishment of the Flagstaff Station in 1955. This was the telescope used in the pioneering work on the polarization of starlight by John Hall and Alfred Mikesell.
Topics: reflectors, technical drawings, scientific instruments