A United States Patent and Trademark Office
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
United States Patent and Trademark Oflice
Address: COMMISSIONER FOR PATENTS
P.O. Box M50
Alexandria, Vii^nb 323 1 3- 1 4S0
FIRST NAMED INVENTOR
ATTORNEY DOCKET NO.
H. Ralph Snodgrass
25226 7590 01/25/2006
MORRISON & FOERSTER LLP
755 PAGE MILL RD
PALO ALTO, CA 94304-1018
CHEN, SHIN LIN
DATE MAILED: 01/25/2006
Please find below and/or attached an Office communication concerning this application or proceeding.
PTO-90C (Rev. 10/03)
Notice of Abandonment
" The MAILING DATE of this communication appears on the cover sheet with the correspondence address--
This appticatlon is abandoned in view of:
1. 13 Applicant's failure to timely file a proper reply to the Office letter mailed on 14 April 2005 ,
(a) IZI A reply was received on (with a Certificate of Mailing or Transmission dated ), which is after the expiration of the
period for reply (including a total extension of time of month(s)) which expired on .
(b) □ A proposed reply was received on . but it does not constitute a proper reply under 37 CFR 1.113 (a) to the final rejection.
(A proper reply under 37 CFR 1.113 to a final rejection consists only of: (1) a timely filed amendment which places the
application in condition for allowance; (2) a timely filed Notice of Appeal (with appeal fee); or (3) a timely filed Request for
Continued Examination (RCE) in compliance with 37 CFR 1.114).
(c) □ A reply was received on but it does not constitute a proper reply, or a bona fide attempt at a proper reply, to the non-
final rejection. See 37 CFR 1.85(a) and 1.111. (See explanation in box 7 below).
(d) 13 No reply has been received.
2. □ Applicant's failure to timely pay the required Issue fee and publication fee, if applicable, v\flthin the statutory period of three months
from the mailing date of the Notice of Allowance (PTOL-85).
(a) □ The issue fee and publication fee, if applicable, was received on (with a Certificate of Mailing or Transmission dated
), which is after the expiration of the statutory period for payment of the issue fee (and publication fee) set in the Notice of
(b) □ The submitted fee of $ is insufficient. A balance of $ is due.
The issue fee required by 37 CFR 1.18 is $ . The publication fee, if required by 37 CFR 1.18(d), is $ .
(c) □ The issue fee and publication fee, if applicable, has not been received.
3. n Applicant's failure to timely file corrected drawings as required by, and within the three-month period set in, the Notice of
(a) □ Proposed connected drawings were received on (with a Certificate of Mailing or Transmission dated ), which is
after the expiration of the period for reply.
(b) □ No corrected drawings have been received.
4. □ The letter of express abandonment which is signed by the attorney or agent of record, the assignee of the entire interest, or all of
5. □ The letter of express abandonment which is signed by an attorney or agent (acting in a representative capacity under 37 CFR
1.34(a)) upon the filing of a continuing application.
6. □ The decision by the Board of Patent Appeals and Interference rendered on and because the period for seeking court review
of the decision has expired and there are no allowed claims.
7. M The reason(s) below:
As per the conversation with Ms. Jerri Shieh on 1-5-06, Ms. Shieh confinmed applicant's intention to abandon
Application No. 09/864,621.
Art Unit: 1632
Petitions to revive under 37 CFR 1 .137(a) or (b), or requests to withdraw the holding of abandonment under 37 CFR 1.181 , should be promptly filed to
minimize any negative effects on patent term.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
PTOL-1432 (Rev. 04-01) Notice of Abandonment Part of Paper No. 20060119