RORM pto-1390 '* U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCIE^
(REV 5-93) PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
TRANSMITTAL LETTER TO THE UNITED STATES
DESIGNATED/ELECTED OFFICE (DO/EO/US)
^KORNEY'S DOCKET NUMBER
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION NO.
INTERNATIONAL FILING DATE
24 May 2000
PRIORITY DATF PI AIMED
24 May 1999
TITLE OF INVENTION
SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
JUN 2 7 2001 n Daniel NISSANOFF and Mark Allan SCHENECKER
s ^DBW§y ~~
ApplicaTrt-rafewith submits to the United States Designated/Elected office (DO/EO/US) the following items and other information:
1 . [X] This is a FIRST submission of items concerning a filing under 35 U.S.C. 371 .
2. jtU This is a SECOND or SUBSEQUENT submission of items concerning a filing under 35 U.S. C. 371 .
3. This is an express request to begin national examination procedures (35 U.S.C. 371 (f)) at any time rather than delay examination until
i;y t he expiration of the applicable time limit set in 35 U.S. C. 371 (b) and PCT Articles 22 and 39 (1).
4. [Xj A proper Demand for International Preliminary Examination was made by the 19th month from the earliest claimed priority date.
5. [&| A copy of the International Application as filed (35 U.S. C. 371 (c) (2) )
\.U a.  is transmitted herewith (required only if not transmitted by the International Bureau).
?\\ b.  has been transmitted by the International Bureau
c. [X] is not required, as the application was filed in the United States Receiving Office (RO/US)
6. [jl ot A translation of the International Application into English (35 U.S. C. 371 (c)2)).
7. [J'J Amendments to the claims of the International Application under PCT Article 19 (35 U.S.C. 371 (c)(3))
p\ a.  are transmitted herewith (required only if not transmitted by the International Bureau).
! c « b.  have been transmitted by the International Bureau.
^ c.  have not been made; however, the time limit for making such amendments has NOT expired.
M d.  have not been made and will not be made.
8.  A translation of the amendments to the claims under PCT Article 19 (35 U.S.C. 371 (c) (3)).
9. [X] An oath or declaration of the inventor(s) (35 U.S.C. 371(c)(4)) (unsigned).
10.  r A translation of the annexes to the International Preliminary Examination Report under PCT Article 36 (35 U.S.C. 371 (c)(5)).
Items 11. to 16. below concern other document(s) or information included:
1 1 . [X] An Information Disclosure Statement under 37 CFR 1 .97 and 1 .98 (with 6 references).
12.  An assignment document for recording. A separate cover sheet in compliance with 37 CFR 3.28 and 3.31 is included.
13.  A FIRST preliminary amendment.
 A SECOND or SUBSEQUENT preliminary amendment. _
EXPRESS//! AIL CERTIFICATE
14. [I A substitute specification. ^ 2 7/V <fCj QjfriJ 43 6 0 l^S
, c „ A u x t ^ , ^ i I hereby certify that, on the date indicated above, this oaoeror
1 5.  A change of power of attorney an/or address letter. fee was m ^ y g ^ £ a ^° r
■ addressed for delivery to the Assistant Commissioner for
16. [X] Other items or information: Letter Accompanying U.S. National Phase Filing Patents, Washington, DC 20231 by "ExpresstfaiLPetf Office
to Addressee" sfiwice. ^t^uty^
Name (Print) Signature
JCfjLMPCT/PTO 2 7 JUN 2001
U.S. APPLICATION l^j l^6vg
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION NO.: PCT/US00/14365
Attorney's Docket Number
17. [x) The following fees are submitted:
Basic National Fee (37 CFR 1.492 (a)(1)-(5)):
Search Report has been prepared by the EPO  or JPO  $860.00
International preliminary examination fee paid to USPTO (37 CFR 1,482)
No international preliminary examination fee paid to USPTOI37 CFR 4.482)
but international search fee paid to USPTO (37 CFR 1 .445 (a) (2)... $710.00
Neither international preliminary examination fee (37 CFR 1 .482) nor international search fee (37 CFR
1 .445(a)(2)) paid to USPTO $1,000.00
International preliminary examination fee paid to USPTO (37 CFR 1.482)
and all claims satisfied provisions of PCT Article 33(2)-(4) XXX $100.00
PTO USE ONLY
Surcharge of $130.00 for furnishing the oath or declaration later tharW MfiP 0PRIATE BASIC FEE AM0UNT =
months from the earliest claimed priority date (37 CFR 1 .492(e)).
"11 Total Claims
10 X $18.00
Multipe dependent claims(s) (if applicable) +270
ijl TOTAL OF ABOVE CALCULATIONS =
Reduction by 1/2 for filing by small entity, if applicable.
Procje^sing fee of $130.00 for furnishing the English translation later the  20  39
monies from the earliest claimed priority date (37 CFR 1 .492(f)). +
□ TOTAL NATIONAL FEE =
Fee \M recording the enclosed assignment (37 CFR 1 .21 (h)>. the assignment must be accompanied by an
appropriate cover sheet (37 CFR 3.28, 3.31). $40.00 per property +
^ h TOTAL FEES ENCLOSED =
Amount to be:
a. fXl A check in the amount of $280.00 to cover the above fees is enclosed.
b.  Please charge my Deposit Account No. 04-01 00 in the amount of $ to cover the above fees.
c. [X] The Commissioner is hereby authorized to charge any additional fees which may be required, or credit any overpayment to Deposit
'Account No. 04-0100. A duplicate copy of this sheet is enclosed.
NOTE: Where an appropriate time limit under 37 CFR 1.494 or 1.495 has not been met, a petition to revive (37 CFR 1.137(a) or (b)) must be filed
and granted to restore the application to pending status.
SEND ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO:
David Leason f \ f\ \
Darby & Darby P.C. / ] f ) \
805 Third Avenue | / 1/ \ ^
New York, New York 10022-7513 1 / A ^J/ \X
signature V//wx*q , ,
NAME David Leason
REGISTRATION NO. 36.195
M:\2637\lF58l \HR08 1 8. WPD